Engineering Adelaide – Machining, Fabrication and Maintenance Services
Apex Engineering Adelaide machining and fabrication services is a leading engineering workshop machining and fabricating components parts and tools for industrial businesses and smaller businesses.
If your business needs quick and expert modifications to pre-built metal components and parts we will do custom designed or standardised metal and plastics work to your machinery, equipment, tools and parts.
With 40 years plus experience we remain skilled with traditional and cutting edge techniques for turning, boring, milling, oxy cutting and CNC turning.
We will undertake single jobbing work and multiple CNC production runs, on site repairs, welding and fitting.
Apex Machining: Build, Repair and Customise: sizes up to 12 tons
Apex Machining will handle jobs weighing up to 12 tons. Apex Engineering Adelaide workshop undertakes CNC and other runs of any size down to intricate multiple runs. Apex Machining Services works with all materials: milsteel, alloys, non ferrous (aluminium and bronze) and plastics of many grades.
We work with a range of industries – from Mining to Maritime, roll forming to manufacturing.
We have solutions to difficult problems in many areas of engineering expertise.
- CNC turning up to 800 in diameter and lengths to 4 meters – with 4 machines of various sizes
- CNC machining centres – 3 vertical machines
- CNC bed mills to 3 metres
- Manual turning capacities to 1.5 mts in diameter max between centres
- Manual milling capacities and turret milling
- Floor Borer: Horizontal and Vertical spindle with X axis 6.5 mts Y axis 1.5 mts and Z axis 1 .8 mts
- Heavy drilling and deep hole drilling capability
- Electro discharge machining (EDM) and
- most general machining processes
Finishing processes include:
- Galvanizing, painting and powder coating
- Machining in all engineering plastics and composites
- CNC and manual machining processes for any quantity
Other Engineering Services
- Machining Prototype to production runs,
- Fitting, repairing, rebuilding and installation,
- On-site breakdown services & welding,
- Hydraulics manufacture & repair
- Gearbox repair on-site or at workshop
- Bore and key way, bore and key seat
Wheels, Motors & Buckets:
- Machining and Re-machining of wheels and Mag Wheels
- Welding of wheels and Mag Wheels
Reboring of motors and industrial motors.
- Earth-moving bucket repairs,
- excavator bucket repairs,
- refurbishing rod-eyes and
- all general bucket repairs
Welding Disciplines: MIG, TIG, Stick and Oxy
TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) Very versatile, but slow, makes a nice weld. Good for Most metals and more suited to thin material.
MIG (Metal Inert Gas) Good for steel.
Stick Welder – Good for thicker material.
Master Cam and AutoCAD
At our engineering workshop we employ Master Cam and AutoCAD programming available to import your CAD designs or create new designs for your engineering equipment, tooling and parts.
We are and have been involved in design and fabrication with the mining industry, maritime engineering, roll forming and general manufacturing.
Our wide ranging and long term experience ensures our ability to provide innovative and effective solutions to difficult engineering problems or engineering that requires innovative solutions and a new design approach.